Tuesday, July 1, 2008

60 Short Years.....

My brother Larry, WW TWO Navy man, served on a ship in the south pacific and finally came home got himself a fine lady Marge Isfalt and 60 short years later has a party, last Sunday matter of fact....Great poo poo's, drinks provided one of those parties you love to get invited too. And well attended by a host of family, and old freinds including the parish priest Father Dan. The setting was great, the weather perfect and the friends could not have been more freindly and family all took part to make it a perfect day for Larry and Marjorie Lahrman...bumped into a lot of good people, even sweet pea was there.

Yesterday went under the knife at Home Hospital a little knee problem that hopefully is fixed. Always have fun with surgery, yesterday was no exception, my IV was not working and had to be reinstalled on the operating table, and as they slid me off the gurney onto the table one of the 4 nurses said, "Jack usually you would have been pretty sedated by now when we rip your clothes off". I laughed and said, "this is my kinda place". Dr. O'Neil visited with me for a spell about a mutal freind we both know and then dropped the nighty nite juice into me without even saying goodbye.
Dr. Hagen did his magic (I hope) and although hobbling around on a couple canes today, and for now kind of into a self imposted senior day care program with me in charge, but surely will soon be back hopefully like I was before I decided I should become a 5K runner and my knee just did not go along with the grand plans.

July 1 today you gotta be kidding where in blazes is this summer going? Seems like yesterday a call came from sweet pea asking why was I still in Florida? Not having a good answer my motor home was soon working its way north to good old Indiana....
and thus a good case of MONO....Such memories we do weave as the days go by...I hope all of you are making good memories this summer also.....I need to visit nursing homes and grand kids ball games much more than I do. I spend way too much time watching corn and beans grow, mowing the lawn, writting this crazy blog, admiring flowers, fishing, swimming, lying in the sun, all just crazy summer time stuff...I do have to get a grip.......have a good day all day today maybe even tomorrow....

No comments: