Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Pig Day at the County Fair

T'was quite a day today, Pig day had to get going early not to miss a grandchild showing a pig....Three of them all youngins of Cris and my daughter Suzette Post.

Lets start at the bottom picture of Sarah Post. Sarah has entered the teen years and pigs or showing a pig is just not that lady like anymore so she say's this is it..Next year I think Sarah maybe has her eye on entering the queen contest instead...Now that is lady like and I hope she does and she could fill maybe who knows be queen of the fair if not next year maybe the next....

Next picture up is Sophie Post, she has graced this blog before on the water swing, I also call her "water bug"...She did good with her pig also as did Sarah her older sister. Caught up with her here with her freind Olivia. My daughter baby set Olivia while her mother worked since she was a small baby..She always had a big smile on her face and since in that eara I was kind of into "dances with wolves", I dubbed that poor girl "smiles a lot" and it has stuck at least with me...I am not even sure of her real name but think it is Olivia but for all practical purposes smiles a lot usually brings the same on her face...

Now the master of the show today at least for our family was the Golden Child of the family Caulin Post...Seen here in the lower picture just after being awarded first in his class and a blue ribbon and one heck of a big smile...Then they showed all the first place winners and Caulins pig was runner up with "RESERVE CHAMPION"....
And as you see even brought a bigger smile with a nice ribbon and a trophy to boot.

Tomorrow night they sell the pigs in the auction and the big winnings will be in dollars for the bank accounts....Honorable mention here is a blue ribbon for Suzette the mom with her award winning grape juice in the open class...Cris well he just has to be happy with being a great dad and the best manager and engineer at the Cat Plant here in Lafayette....

Gave a lot of blood today well actually just a pint at the blood center after being assured that having Mono was not a bad thing for the blood supply as long as I was "over it and felt good"...But prior to that registerd my new truck at the DMV costing me over 200 bucks to get the plate transferred...I tell you it is crazy, after giving the state 1875 dollars in sales tax and then they are back for 225 more for the plate...where does it all go...and I read where the county governement may go to a 4 day work week....OH joy.....So that is my reference to blood letting I think I did a lot of it today, before I ever got to the blood bank....

No comments: