Friday, July 25, 2008

Today my Sis Peggy is the Big Eight OHH

Yes, it is so, my young sister is 80 this day, gosh it cannot be, she looks to be in her 60’s maybe but surely not 79 plus twelve months...It seems not possible... A few days ago her kids had a grand surprise party for her as shown to the right. I think they pulled it off, she may have had some thoughts that one would happen today but not 6 days prior. It was a great party... I have so many fond memories of growing up with her always 10 years older than I….Things like that just never change. She was and still is an original American sweet heart of a gal no doubt about it. She is and has always been very upbeat and always trying to put the best light on anything that comes around the curve at us. A great sister, great wife to her hubby Chas, and great mom to her wonderful children Sharon, Cindy, Ron and Missy. And her son Steve who died from injuries in a car accident at about 17 years of age.
She and Barbara Hoon were the best cheer leaders the Dayton Indiana Bulldogs ever had, bar none. My sis won the queen contest also and was the Queen of Hearts at the Fall Dance I think about her junior year in school. Used to try and teach me to jitter bug dance but I just never got it down…She married Charles Ritchie her high school sweet heart and basket ball star, and then lost him to cancer just maybe 7 months or so ago..…She could do anything and still can…She is the most with it granny I ever seen…Keeps up with her kids and grandkids like you would not believe. A month from now to the day I will be 10 years younger than her just like when we were 5 and 15…But no party for this kid, no way, I am fighting this thing, I will not roll over, am staying 69 will just add months from here on...Like I am 69 and 18 months maybe, yes that is how I will proceed …Well Peg a lot of water has passed under the Dayton Bridge on 38 east and wildcat creek is still there and flowing and you dear sis are still here and glowing….
Have a great day, and somehow I just know I will be doing this again at 90 and 100…Your family will keep you forever young…Happy Birthday Peggy Ritchie of Anderson Indiana…..

No comments: