Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The "Tire De Farce"

Our newspaper called the Brickyard 400 the "tire de farce" and I have to agree. Like the "tour de france" bike ride it was slow and boring and seemed to last way to long. Sweet Pea and I and Jeff and Sharla made the trip to Indy to witness the 15th running of the Nascar race.. May be the last one for awhile, trying to decide, I do feel it was totally boring and second worse only to the Grand Prix race I attended a few years back where only 6 cars participated also because of tire problems...

I can not believe that the tire companies, Nascar and the Indy Racing, would allow such a thing to happen. They had to know with all the testing the qualifying the practice running they did before Sunday's race, that this was about to happen...Why else would they have hundreds of extra tires on hand for this race and used almost everyone of them? I feel like we were ripped off with our 85 dollar tickets and just may go to "0" dollar tickets next year maybe watching it on TV...Will probably wait and see if any credit is given from any of the three enities mentioned above. Probably will be none and probably I will not reorder my tickets for next years race.
I noticed a lot of empty seats on the number three turn more so than in previous years so maybe the cost and the enthusiasm is wanning on racing in general...I will try out the new motor cycle racing coming next month at Indy and see if that excites me or if the inagural event of that goes "pooff" like Sunday's "Tire De Farce"...

But all was not lost at Sundays race...The fly over of the 4 F15's is always worth half the price of admission to me..They leave a lump in my throat knowing how powerfully our freedoms are protected and that the policemen of the world for now are in good health and ready to send any message needing sent. And sweet pea and I enjoyed our first concert taking in the Charlie Danials Band near turn two...No weed smokin but we did split a beer....add it all up, we still got mildly screwed by such a rotten race....

To the right today is a clip you need to watch about bad tires being sold in this country as new and some of them are dangerously old when sold to you...In the clip you will learn how to read the manufacturing date on tires...And you may then want to check the tires you and your family are now riding on...Also baby moose playing in a sprinkler....

OK kind of a downer today maybe tomorrow or so we will get back to fun things...

No comments: