Thursday, June 26, 2008

Shutters and Wheel Barrows and Baseball

Well I gotta tell you, I may have not been cut out to have been a detective. As we arrived home from Branson I told sweet pea that someone had been at my house as the wheel barrow was turned in the other direction of where I had left it. What I failed to notice is my white shutters had been removed and new dark brown ones had been installed to match my new shingles that were added last year. I had purchased these last fall and was going to get to this job just any day now. Matter of fact I had taken one white shutter down even, you know to kind of "nail down the job" so to speak. Well I guess I procrastinated long enough and of course with a sore knee in the works won enough sympathy to move my daughter Suzette to ask her wonderful husband Cris Post to do this work while I was gone...Said it took him 2.5 hours...It would have taken me longer that that by at least a day. Gosh but I am a lucky guy.

Now I also noticed last night that my grandson Nathan Russell is still a great catcher and hitter of the baseball...Yes he is and is growing up so strong and fast here in Indiana. And I also noticed that Tabby Russell can pitch a soft ball quite well and she still likes to walk beside me with her arm around me and set by me. She has such a big heart, at our Christmas dinner as I thanked God for Linda's 28 years with us and asked the blessing and a special blessing on Lucas who was soon to depart for Iraq, I got the crocadile tears and my throat closed and I could not finish. Tabby came over and hugged me and said, "are you ok grandpa".....Ok I got the same tears just telling about it so I gotta get outside and start painting, the sun will dry them and the white circle vents will look real nice when they are also dark brown...have a great day...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was wondering how long it took you to notice the shutters. Since you noticed the wheelbarrow was different one would think the shutters would be obvious. Nope, not much of a detective.

Loved the story about the prayer. Been there, done that.