Thursday, June 12, 2008

Linda's Perennial Flowers

My wife will soon be gone for 14 months now but she surely is not forgotten. Everywhere I walk around the outside of the house her efforts are there and remind me of her. She told me her goal a few years back was to have all her flower beds in perennial flowers so it would be care free except for pulling weeds out of them.
That also is perennial in nature also, it never quit's, I can still hear her as she pulled them out and threw them into the lawn saying, "I don't know where all of these weeds come from". I would tell her sometimes that my dad had told me that Satan plants them at night. Not sure she bought that but I sure did, anything my dad told me at 8 years of age was the truth....

But today to the right you see her roses, they are always so pretty and they are already blooming like crazy and will bloom now until frost comes. I trim them back each bloom to keep them somewhat short and strong and it does not discourage them as they keep coming back prettier than ever. And "old habits" are hard to break, as I would cut them and bring them in for her to put in vases, but now I do that part too...

So short one today, got stuff to do outside getting my plates renewed today for car and truck, and while in town a pretty lady is allowing me to take her to lunch at Arni's. I suspect a couple Arni's juniors will bite the dust right before out eyes. Was encouraged yesterday that I saw a last years IN GOD WE TRUST license plate with an 09 sticker on it...That is good and will surely be my choice to keep that plate visible for all to see for another year. There is a plain blan looking totally blue new Indiana plate that I am sure the ACLU just loves...It don't say anything about God or Faith...they will be so happy....

And while we are on that, see now you got me going, I saw on TV that one of the Carolina's have a new optional plate that has FAITH on it and a Cross over the faith.
Good for them.. Of course the ACLU are promising a quick and strong law suit...I love those guys they keep my blood pumping so well....and I pray for them....

And final update on the Indiana In GOD WE TRUST license plate...Yes I was able to get 09 stickers for this beautiful plate and not only that the lady told me I could probably keep it for about 5 years....Whooppeee....And may the ACLU spend a fortune appealing the case against this plate that seems to really wad up thier under shorts....

till next time...

No comments: