Thursday, June 19, 2008

Pretty Birds and Red Water Lilly's

Stopped in to St. Anthony's Nursing home a few days back to see a friend. Have been there now three times but I am always drawn to the bird farm I would call it that they have for the residents to enjoy. Gosh I think it is a terrific idea having these birds...They have maybe 12 to 15 birds mostly pairs of different species with a wide range of colors. I love to watch them, it is rather large the cage they have them in and they can fly around a bit in there. There are lots of clever looking and very functional houses for them and there are babies so love is in the air there in that cage. The cage is kept almost spotless of droppings and feed is always present. Who ever take care of them is doing a terrific job of it...Why sometime I may just stop in to visit the birds as they are starting to recognize me I believe.

And the slow coming but worth it RED water lillies are in bloom in the pond. They are beautiful and there are lots of them this year. They are the last to bloom after the pick and the white ones. The two yellow ones I planted just this spring have yet to send up any leaves so maybe I was bilked again....I think this will be the third year in a row I laid out good money for yellow water lillies...When will I ever learn to keep the reciepts...Well sure the stores rely and profit from people who just trust each year that "this time I just know they will do fine"....

Well short post today I can report the corn is past knee high, and by the 4th of July I am sure it will be beyond waist high, and a couple weeks later the tassle's will emerge and then we will talk sex in the corn field...several are waiting on that so hope I don't dissapoint.....

Have a great week end out there be back on Monday night or tuesday with more happenings from Hoosier Land....

No comments: