Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Good Corn and other important stuff....

Took a trip to Branson this week end..Great place to visit...Good entertainment and plenty of it...Can not wait to go back and stay longer.

Noticed the corn and beans as farmers do on the way to Missouri and back..By the way its Missouri with an A sound on the end. Best act I saw was a Johnny Cash impersonator that was even better than Johnnie Cash. He really had it down. He had the voice the looks, the head movements, oh what the heck I will put his pic right under the dead sweet corn....Had a great time, and went to church and three rows up I recognize the back of a head as a Marine I went through boot camp with and saw at our reunion 2 years ago..After church sure enough it was Chuck and Lois Paulson and attending a family reunion there in Branson...They and Sweet Pea and I did lunch and enjoyed reminising as Marines love to do...He from South Dakota and I from Indiana and the odds of my bumping into them is mind boggling.

OK the corn crop pics at the right top one shows just how fantastic our corn is doing here in North Central Indiana....Best corn I saw all the way to Branson and back, right here at home there is no better corn out there...Now the other picture of the dead sweet corn needs some explaining...well my fault I should have told my chemical people not to spray my 8 rows of sweet corn..Completely forgot and round up just does not work well on sweet corn as you see...I will be in line buying that stuff as soon as it is available with the rest of you...And for those who are waiting with baited breath we are probably only a month away now from "sex in the corn field"....stay tuned.....

No comments: