Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Scar High Beans and Recouping well (246)

Three weeks ago today I got my new knee, time does fly and I am getting along well with the recovery rehab process I have going. And now walking well enough without the walker or cane to moasy across my soybean fields today to check for weed presence....And I noticed that my beans are now taller than the scar on my knee...so I guess I got "Scar High Beans before the forth of July", and off to the right here you see my corn is also pretty darn tall for it still being June 29th. But the corn is ready for Sex in the Corn Field here next week...the tassels are coming out, that the males and the silks or the ear is emerging from the stalk, that is the female...and next week the two of them will do their little mating muster and corn will be the result of all that oohing and aahing out there...

Am doing my exercises for the knee 3 to 4 times a day as my therapist tells me at Unity I need to do...Yesterday I went in for my bi weekly appointment with him..he put me on a bike and told me not to worry that I could not make a full revolution but to stop and go the other way until it hurt again...He left for a bit and by the time he returned I had gone over the top and was making the full rev's on the bike and it felt good...I tried my real bike today but am not quite ready for that..it hurt a little and just did not want to make it all the way around...am content to wait until it is easy, then I will resume my bike riding maybe as soon as next week I hope. I mowed with my riding mower today and that went real well probably mowing about 2 acres getting ready for the 4th of July celebration here at the pond...

Cooler temps have hit the midwest today and the AC is off and windows open again...I think it will last a day or two or more we will see..
I may wrap this up here and slip on my swim gear and try a swim in the pond, probably good for the old knee and the new one also...

No comments: