Friday, July 9, 2010

Lafayette Rehab Services (247)

If you click on the title it will take you too Lafayette Rehab's website. The place where this patient is getting what I feel is good guidance to get me back healthy again as far as my new knee is concerned.

More later will have a picasso of pictures to the right but right now I have a happy hour I need to be enroute too....

Happy Hour was at the Nursing home I resided in a couple weeks back after the surgery, so not totally exciting but it is unique in that a nursing home would have a happy hour every Friday and actually offer beer and wine to the residents...Anyway the day they had it my doctor said he would prefer I not partake being on heavy pain pills...So I did not but did promise them, I shall return when I am walking good and able to drink a beer with you all...By the way I was impressed as after 3 weeks most of the help called me by name...

OK back to the topic of the day my rehab center I am currently attending twice a week. And my therapy guy who I feel is one of Lafayette's best, John Edwards....In the photo here you will see us both...Interesting as I had this same Mr. Edwards when I did therapy two years ago at the same location after my orthoscopic surgery on the same knee...Doc told me then that the next step when I decided would be replacement, he was right, bone on bone can only be tolerated for a while....
But anyway I like their therapy I am receiving there and I like the fully equipped with lots of devices to challenge one in many ways...The weight machine where I lie on my back and push out is one I like the least well actually it is not so back until he tells me to put my good leg down and only now use my recently operated on leg to do it all...That does hurt and I think causes some swelling each time afterward...especially yesterday...we may have to negotiate the amount of weight next week maybe...But unlike the nursing homes rehab center which essentially had practically no equipment this one has it all and thus I feel like maybe I am getting better therapy...

All in all with a little over a month now behind me I am getting along pretty well. As you can see in the picasso of pictures to the right if the one of my knee that it is looking a lot better...less swollen and scar not nearly as noticable. I see my Doctor again on the 27th and I hope by then I am nearing the end of the therapy...Probably will always be needed in a small amounts but sure will be good to get back to close to normal...it is getting a tad boring and I see how some could get into trouble thinking you were maybe "good enough" and just slack off a lot and not do it...

About three days ago I started to want to nap a lot and seemed to have lost my energy level...I told sweet pea about it and right away she asked me about my Hemoglobin levels...I had a blood test a couple weeks ago so I had that and it was somewhat low..I guess being married to a Doctor and working for him in the office has made her aware of symptoms and she advised me to call my Doctor and relay to him that I was pretty tired and lost my pep...I did and he told me to pick up overcounter some Ferrous Sulfate 325mg tablets...I did that and I think after taking the second one today that I am less tired and a little more peppy....Its I guess an iron supplement and seems to have put a little spark back into me....

Well that's it for another week the patient is progressing and progressing well...thank you....

No comments: