Friday, July 30, 2010

New Knee Good to Go (253)


I went to see my Doc pictured here yesterday. He looked me over and said I did not need to return to see him anymore, that my knee was functioning well and with some additional daily, on my own therapy, and bike riding and chasing SP that I was "good to go". I thanked Dr. Daluga for doing an extra special good job for me. He being modest said that he just made the cuts and installed the stuff and that my good therapy was the most of the success. I know it is important but I still think that having a really good surgeon is very very important... While I was there I picked up the mock up of my Stryker Knee he installed for me and took some picture of it and they are here to the right for you to look over. I think they are interesting, especially the precise cuts they have to make on the thigh bone and the leg bone to receive these new knee parts. But those cuts make it fit so tight that it should never budge from where he put it and hey I think that is important. Now I also added a picture I took today of my Indiana Hibiscus flower I purchased at Sams club last spring...it is totally blooming its head off of late...I gave it a good shot of miracle grow a couple weeks back and it sure is showing its appreciation of that.

I will share one therapy exercise he told me about yesterday..He told me to do it every day 10 times on each leg for the rest of my life...I think I just may do it as it is simple and no doubt beneficial. You stand on one leg balancing yourself and do 10 small squats then do the other leg the same. Try it out maybe it will be good for you too...He said it is a great balance exercise as we age and start to loose some of that...

So I have enjoyed sharing my experience of knee replacement here on this site, hope you enjoyed it. Probably will be the wrap up on this endeavor today. Now on with the rest of my life I guess...Looking forward to it all and wishing you all the same, good health to us all....

No comments: