Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Great Weekend and Hillarious Asian Carp in Indiana (254)


Just finished a great weekend. We went to a wedding in North Carolina and it was great. Setting was a really nice Winery and then the reception was there also...very nice had a good time. Was one of Susan's very best friend's daughter and since the bride's parents rode the Motor cycle to the wedding, our vehicle transported the clothes to be worn by them, so our presents was greatly appreciated. To get there and back we visited 5 states but also added another one of our favorites and that was Tennessee. We visited for two days our friends Randy and Patty Kington. Randy, I have written about a couple times at least on this site, one of my most favored Marine Corps hero's. Author of probably the best Veit Nam Book you could read "What a Life", about how Nam affected one Marine's life...Great Book packed with action about Marine's for most of the book but then the last 2 or 3 chapters one of the best love stories you ever will read...Going to attach Randy's web site under the title here so if you are inclined to order his book, here it is. Just click the title and your there...Well they showed us around their town of Morristown, and had a great cook out including another couple that had recently lost their mates in death, and then gotten together, kind of like me and sweet pea...also included was a couple who used to live just down the road from me but was asked to pull up roots and start a TRW factory in Randy's town...Max and Marsha Biery, I went to school with Max's sister Jo matter of fact my 6th grade girlfriend. But awfully nice of the Kingtons to include them so we could get reacquainted. And after looking over the beauty of the mountainous area around Morristown, I can understand why Max and Marsha stayed right there after retiring, it is a very scenic wonderful place to live.

Back to our visit with Randy and Patty, gosh they were great host, have a gorgeous home there, Randy cooks a mean hamburger for sure, and Patty and Susan made it too the mall while Randy and I took naps one afternoon. All in all a great visit. Randy and Patty visited Lafayette two years ago and spoke at two churches here about how Nam had changed their lives. Some of you heard him I know, and I learned that Pastor John has booked him to speak at Kokomo's St. Luke's Methodist Church in Sept of 2011.
If you click on the title to look at Randy's site you will see he is booked every Sunday way out there....quite a popular guy...Last time I heard him was the Greenwood Mayor's breakfast in Greenwood this spring....

OK the other half of the title here you need to go the right side under the picture of the Kington's house and click on the Asian Carp in Indiana...It is quite a coincidence but while visiting Randy he asked me if the Asian Carp had gotten to Indiana yet? I said yes I think they are in the Wabash River as I heard about one jumping out of the water and hitting a guy and almost knocking him out of the boat about a year ago...Well, watch this video sent to me by Bob Cornell, it is hilarious, would love to see it some time in person as it must have been very funny. Actually the more I watch this the harder I laugh, hope you enjoy it also.
For some reason the noise from boat motors make these unwanted, worthless carp from Asia jump out of the water and as in this video right into the boat...

Then as a grand finale on the return trip we dropped in on the returning honeymooners Matt and Jill who were the subject material for this blog just a few days ago...they had returned from the Greek Isles and organizing and getting used to their newly remodeled home...I know sweet pea is most glad to have them safely home and now starting their lives together...and some days ahead will hopefully provide her with more grand children...but Jill, Matt, don't tell her I said this but, take your time, lot of time ahead for all life has to offer...

No comments: