Saturday, June 12, 2010

The Rehabing of the new knee (240)

I have now landed in a upscale nursing home here in Lafayette. Creasy Springs if you click on the title above it will take you directly to the website for them. It is just across the road from the hospital where I had my knee work done. The food is good we had prime rib for lunch, topping that off with a small dish of chocolate ice cream. But actually the hospital spoiled me...it was nicer than this in that you ordered from a menu also but a wider range of entrees....but its pretty good at least there is choices and some nursing homes are more like Marine Corps chow halls in days of old where everyone got the same thing..

Needed a nap right now so will finish this later on maybe...
OK Dinner over, Jack is Back...........I think they got me on something called Percocet and it is a great pain pill...When I pop one of those my pain is pretty well gone and I can just really get into a good sleep...The kind of rest one dreams of when one is run down and loaded up with things going on. And the best part of it for me is there is nothing here to do so no reason not to just really get into this rest and recouperation...Nice generous thundershower moving through the area right now. I see all next week in the mid to high 80's so we are going to have yet another "happy corn week" coming up...No doubt about it corn will be tassled out by the 4th of July, should be a good corn year and a great sweet corn year to boot.

I had two therapy sessions here today one on the knee area and one upper body weight work...it felt good and allowed my two therapist to dip into the Medicare till. I get the day off tomorrow so will work on some exercises on my own and then Mon through Friday I will be doing two sessions at least each day.....by end of the week I should hopefully be showing some signs of recovery....

Lastly today notice the putting green here that sold me on coming here...not that I am a big golfer, not even a little golfer but telling people my nursing home has a putting green area is just pretty cool...look at the pictures to the right, there I am trying it out right after "check in".............

No comments: