Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Shopper Chopper and Great Grandson Grant (245)


Well there I am to the right side here, my Shopper Chopper idling in the Express Lane, as I wait to check out with my grub. I sure hope it was my first and last ride on one of those. Lots of places in my store where they are not 'chopper friendly'. you get manuering between end displays and some times you find you can not continue on and have to back out. I have seen people on these backing up with disgusted looks on their faces, now I know why...But all in all it was good to have as I had several items to pick up. But I hope next trip I am back to the pushing cart.

Had a good fathers day, my kids all stopped by with food in hand and we ate some of it and now I have "must goes" to enjoy the rest of the week. Grandaughter Mandy showed up from Georgia with husband Naval Officer Eric and my new Great Grandson Grant in tow....was good to see them, especially Grant as it was our first meeting....We hit it right off, and things we like to do in common...Like setting and grinning at each other, we were big on that, my bad dream the other night about him taking all the doors in my house off the hinges, were slightly premature I guess...he ain't even crawling yet so until he shows up some day wearing a 'tool belt', I am just going to relax.

Babies kind of look a little bit like everyone it seems, so just for fun the picasso of pictures off to the right will include one of myself taken a long long time ago...I think maybe a gene or so may have showed up in this guy, but you never know for sure till they get grown up I guess. Looking ahead to the day he catches a bluegill in the pond and swings off the rope into the water but not wanting it to happen real soon, time flies fast enough all by itself. Don't be afraid to click on the pictures of Great Grandson Grant and Great Grandpa to enlarge them for a better look at this handsome pair...

No comments: