Friday, June 18, 2010

GOING HOME (244)

Yep tomorrow noon this "ressy", is out of here....It has been a good stay at the Creasy Springs 'brand new' Nursing Home. My brother and my sister in law and sweet pea, and her dog 'buddy', and Jeff all visited tonight and as they were leaving my bro Larry said why was it that years ago something was 'brand new', like a car for instance...I suggested well sometimes people would buy a demo maybe with 5000 miles on it, still to them a current year new car, no one knew if they did not look at the odometer...but if like my dad it was not a demo then it could be labeled 'brand new'..or in some cases you could even add that it was 'brand spankin new', now that my friends was 'NEW'and I mean new...

Ok back to my happy day tomorrow, I do think I am ready...tonight I graduated my self from my walker to a cane, kind of like the one Grandpa Lahrman had back in the 40's, I bet he had a bad left knee too but they did not fix them back then you just hobbled around and glad you still had your leg. Anyway I took a lap down the hallway past a few rooms turned around and made my way back with the cane. Yep I test drove it and things went well so I do think I am ready...I could stay 6 more days on Medicare and help with the stimulus but the helping would cost the tax payers an equal amount, so what would we have gained...Oh my gosh it just dawned on me that our Presidents genius stimulus idea does the same dam thing...spends it but then we tax payers pay for it...gosh don't make a whole lot of sense does it now?

Well anyway on the way home I need a prescription filled and some TV dinners so for the first time I will get to ride in one of those electric shopping carts...wow I am looking forward to that...hopefully my first and last time I will need those things. I see a lot of people using them, that I sometimes mumble to myself that they probably don't really need it and may actually need some exercise to boot...but I know I am sometimes wrong in that judgment call...Then Susan will drive me past a couple of my fields of corn and beans and I will marvel at how they have grown the last 11 days I have been 'away'......

My leg is still swollen and bruised but I think I am 'as expected', and will continue to do better each day. I will be able to shower as I have done here by myself, dress myself, the main challenge will be to not over do it and not allow myself the proper 'healing time'.........Also I will miss the pampering that the staff here has offered me and I will even miss seeing some of the residents I have come to know.....But, all in all we all know there is "just no place like home"...

No comments: