Saturday, June 5, 2010

Going Under the Knife (237)

Soon I will be under the knife and my old worn out knee will be removed and in its place will be a shiny new stainless steel I imagine replacement. At least that is what the one I played with in the Doctors office looked like while waiting on his appearance in the room. I am looking forward to the operation and the recovery from it in days ahead. My GP Doc tells me that the surgery is only 10% of the procedure not to take anything away from the surgeon for sure but what he was stressing was that the effort I put forth in the recovery process is maybe 90% of the total outcome...

So that in mind I will work hard and welcome the pain and deal with it if it comes. No pain, no gain they say and medications I guess will help a lot with that. God willing this will all go well and I will be in better condition for years ahead because of it....

But I am not going in alone. My laptop and my camera are accompanying me along this journey and I will try and do a post or two from the front lines of health care being delivered to me, good or bad I will report it. The crops are all looking good no more weddings or reunions until late July and August so the time is right to repair damage and get ready for more good things ahead. I recall of late my dad saying many many times when I would jump off a loaded hay wagon instead of climbing down carefully, "Son someday you will wish you had not done that". And I guess he was so darn right. He was always so darn right, cause he cared as we all do about our kids and grandkids. But one thing never changes, young people think they pretty much have it all figured out and don't really count what parents say for much. I wish I had of I guess but on the other hand if I had I would not be headed for this experience and this unexplored source of blog stories....Prayers are always good..thanks..................................

No comments: