Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Half Effort and half attitude.....I like that (239)


Some good soul left a comment on yesterdays blog to me about rehabilitation...I like it saying that recovery is half physical and half attitude.....Gosh I think it is so true, you can not get around it, no pain, no gain...I know it will be painful and get old doing all the stuff they want you to do but I also have been tipped off by my GP Doctor Watson that a successful joint replacement surgery is 10% surgery and 90% therapy...so I am ready and welcome what ever they want me to do for however long I need to do it...I want a new knee not a mess and I think I got my moneys worth on the 10% part with great doctors. Now it is up to me to attain success with my effort and I think my friend is right on the money about that 90% maybe being 45% effort and 45% attitude....

So today off to the right is a scar to be proud of don't you think? No wimpy scar here, he said I had a 'big' knee to remove so I guess it took some manuvering room to cut that baby out of there and install the replacement. The scar needs to be big enough to do the job right...and notice those black lines drawn perpendicular to the scar...is that not smart or what...he drew those on there before the cut was made so when it was time to staple it together that it all lined up....I liked that too, otherwise you could end up with extra stuff on one end maybe....

Today therapy had me walk all the way to the end of the hall...it went well they even complimented me by calling me an over achiever, at least I took it that way.
The cooling machine on my knee is great for holding down swelling circulates 43 degree water around the scar most of the day...I take it off now and then for maybe a half hour or so...sleep with it all night....

The new hospital here is plush, love ordering my meals from the menu anytime I want...sticking to healthy stuff though, although tempting I do know what is good for me...I like the menu as it has carb scores by each thing you can order..helps a dummy like me.. I get to stay two more nights here and then they kick me out, but wait till you see where I am going next...it will make an interesting blog story...
Well got to hit the bathroom and then order my delicious dinner...so far me and knee are getting along just great, getting to know each other one step at a time....

No comments: