Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Something Worthwhile

worth·while (wûrthhwl, -wl)
adj.
Sufficiently valuable or important to be worth one's time, effort, or interest.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Already I have delivered as promised to say something worthwhile.

The rest will be in question, but here goes. Super Tuesday was just that here about mid 80's most of the afternoon, accomplished little, but lived a lot. Got invited to dinner very last minute by one great lady Natalie, married to one great guy Dan, a fellow writer here. She called at 5 and said we eat at 5:30 but we will wait if you want to shower. I was in and out, riding hard the new, old purple 15 speed the block and a half and there at 5:20 early, as the other two couples were not there yet...Starved for social you say? Well maybe but they made up for it, I am borderline "caught up" in one evening....Dan fixed a pitcher of something pretty exciting, and all seven in attendance "enjoyed" the evening. I love impromptu, it always promises excitement and if managed enjoyment. Forgot about a cultisac on the way home on the purple rocket and said, "aw aw, more to this getting home than I imagined", but I made it...The world was right side up again at 0630. Now I know my street is the second one to the right, it was dark and foggy especially for me...............

A little something for everyone with the Super Tuesday voting...My Huck is still alive, "I like Mike" is still my slogan. His Christian status is important to me but not primary. His plateform, his ideals and ideas are closest to mine. Maybe things will work out.

Ash Wednesday today a freind reminded me. A tradition for many not mentioned in Scripture, but observed my most Christians, but to us all a reminder that from ashes we came and to ashes we will return. It's what happens in between that counts I believe. It all has a purpose as do we. We all have the opportunity to wonder, seek and know the Creator and escape the bonds of the ashes just ahead,
what a great assurance it all can be....Sweetie was right she was gone in the blink of an eye and landed that new job as greeter...I just know it. For sure hers was a life "Worthwhile."

Let's do it again tomorrow

No comments: