Saturday, February 2, 2008

Breaking Ground

To say I am a little nervous is an understatement, but here it goes...My first post on my first attempt at a blog....I guess I will learn as I go, I may have something of interest to say but I am not sure. I have authored some short stories that some folks like, so if and when I am at a loss for words you may get one of those. I currently am in Naples Florida for some of the winter, the third phase of my rotation each year where I raise corn and beans in Indiana, and then put my toys away and head south. I used to be two, but now am alone for a season or two or maybe all the way to the finish line who knows. Lost my sweet wife to cancer last spring just before the planting season began......She was gorgeous one of God's best efforts ever, but he called her home. I am content now with the thought that "business picked up in heaven", and God needed another greeter at the gate. One that could flash a dimpled smile that would melt your heart, or cause a saint to sin.

It has been say a tough year, as it seemed for weeks that my life was just an existance kind of on hold and not much fun at all. But I know now that I am going to heal some day ahead, and have started that process, thank you Lord for that.

So no more for now, but will have more of what this and I am all about tomorrow....

2 comments:

posthouse said...

That is a good start. I think your blog will be a very interesting read. Look forward to reading more! Now when do we get to see the front of you???? From one of your fans in Indiana...

jvbii said...

really enjoyed reading it big brother

always here if you need me

semper fi
joe barca