Thursday, February 7, 2008

Molly's and Mildred's

OK at the risk of being labeled to "shallow" here, I must address this topic. It has been on my mind a lot these past 6 months.

I lost Sweetie now 10 months ago almost...My older, wiser, better looking and financially eclipses me brother, lost his dear wife the year before...

My two bro's and I were having lunch to touch bases over a year ago, and he shared with us that he was getting a lot of calls from nice ladies that were offering companionship. He called it his Mildred List...He claims to be not interested in any of them, but I kind of have my doubts about that. But anyway, he said his list was "up to 18, and growing". We all got a kick out of the imaginary list that he had started, and probably numerically enhanced, that was now lying there by his telephone.

Well I can attest now that it does happen for us all that have lost our mates.
Life does need to go on, and although when death does make us part, we are so sure that we will never again be able or want to do anything but greive, the sun does show up on distant horizons. I will add a picture of a sunset on Marco Island, that says it all for me and others in this state we find ourselves in, that shows heavy clouds overhead, but out there on the horizon is a good sunset.

So back to this topic. I am 69 on the edge of maturity here, but believe it or not I have started to notice skirts, and the lack of rings, stuff like that...Maybe that's shallow, maybe its just biology...

So the Mildred classification just seemed to broad for me.(no pun intended) So I have two imaginary list one of course Mildreds over 60, and then another one I call Molly's...These gals are under 60 but over 50, as I have been reminded that I have daughters in the mid 40 range. 50 is a line you just do not cross without bad things maybe happening to you, like a mine field you just don't go there...

It has been requested by gals that I have shared this with that, "well, wiseguy, why don't you come up with names for our list of younger and older men"? So I think that is no more than fair, and a good question, depressing of course, because yes I will be on the mature list but never the less we need to work on this...

Life must and will go on. So lean into this my readership, although you will most likely not face this predictament that we widows and widowers or divorced, find our selves, but you never know, so these important matters must be addressed. Although for the life of me I just have been unable to come up with suitable names that just seem to click like Molly's and Mildred's do for me...Maybe because I notice skirts and shorts with ladies in them with smiles, and not dress slacks with competitors...So I need your help for this...

I was going to go into which sex I see or think, that gets more lonely or reaches out more for companionship, but wisdom prevailed, like that mine field we ain't gonna go there.

Which brings me to how to leave a message in the comments section of these stories.
Was asked that today and guess what? I don't know. Well yes, you click on it but then they want things I don't understand, obviously some do and have been successful. For those of you that have been able to do so please maybe advise us all in a comment. I did figure out the little envelope thing and with that if you click on it you can send that story to a friend by email...

Shallow? Yes, I admit I need help being a "deeper" person. Someone along the trail will help me I hope..
See you tomorrow.....maybe something "deeper"...

1 comment:

Sharla said...

Hi Dad
Just finished reading your blog. I enjoyed reading it. Enjoy your time left down there in sunny warm Naples. We miss you and look forward to your return back here Home in Indiana
Love Sharla