Saturday, April 12, 2008

Today April 12, 2008 I Remember

At 6:20 this evening on this date one year ago my sweetie Linda L. Lahrman left this earth, and passed through the gate to eternity with her Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

I miss her, but her memory lives on with all of us who knew her. I met her on another 12th of the month in January 1979, and we flew together in a plane to Chicago.
But during that flight we planted seeds of interest for both of us, and after our seperate trips we did see those seeds sprout into a courtship. And then on another 12th of January a year later at 3:45, exactly one year to the minute we were married and she was my dear wife for 28 years and 3 months until another 12th of the month in April last year took her away.

I remember her finding an old log book in our attic of the old house were we enjoyed so many years together. It was the book of a blacksmith who had lived in that house a hundred years before. It had a page for each his clients and what he had done for them and what date and what he charged them for his work. But on a empty page she found a date only that said January 12 1879. That was all it said but she said isn't that odd that date was exactly 100 years from the day we met.

I mention it because maybe it just says time does march on. And I guess it does and now she has logged one year which means but a micro second when eternity is your calendar. Even the 29 years and 3 months we knew was a micro second and even the 130 years and three months since that date was written in that book for what ever reason.

Some of my kids are coming by this evening for Ham and Beans that have been cooking in the crock pot all day. And some are bringing corn bread and some deserts and we will pause for a little remembrance at 6:20 this evening as they were all here a year ago when she died. It will be tough, but soon then the first year will have passed and I will try and move ahead with the life that I now have. There will always be a tomorrow and I feel that I have properly grieved her loss and am now ready to see what tomorrow will bring and what may lie ahead....

Tomorrow I may talk about tomorrow....but first I must face today....

No comments: