Saturday, April 26, 2008

Return to the Parker Place with Camera

Well this one will be short and mainly of interest to my Sister and two Brothers. But as threatened I did return a couple weeks ago to the Parker Place that is near the new Arnett Hospital going up along I-65.

I did so as a follow up to one of my first stories on this blog on Feb. 10 called "the Parker Place"...As you can see by the pictures all that is now there you can actually see from the interstate driving by. The house is still there and the corn crib. Lots of old foundations from sheds etc. from the past. The house and barn will soon dissappear I would guess and I guess I have my pictures so I am ready when ever it happens. My dad and mom grew up close by and this was the place they farmed when they began thier married farming life. I think they lived here about 20 years maybe and then purchased their own farm on Harding Road...Which I notice the barns are leaning more all the time at that place and probably the subject of my next camera taking outing if I can be granted access to the farm...A time that has passed by and was a time of hard work and faith in yourself, your country and your GOD...

No comments: