Friday, April 25, 2008

Bloggers Note on Buddy....

Well just as Buddy asked you not to do he did get a couple rave reveiws suggesting even that he was a "better writer" than the blogger....Buddy appreciated the comments and said to me, "well at least this way I won't be writing a lot here will I"?....I agreed that maybe some day but that it could be a problem.

But I must say he is an impressive well trained little dog. I was sleeping so good this morning that he came woke me and then got down but I lingered to long and fell back asleep. No problem for Buddy, he waits patiently at the back door for quite some time but does not make a mess. He tried again and again I feel asleep. The third time Buddy probably felt nature calling loudly and got on the bed and just licked my ear until I did get up and say, "OH hey buddy lets go outside". He then leads the way to the door. He likes the big lawn alway a new exciting place to "find" for his happy time..He wanders a bit while I observe but soon returns to the door for his treat and maybe a nice snoring nap.

Quite a dog... I find of interest what he wrote about Semper Fi, and it brought to mind my new friend Peter from Naples who is in the Marine League there with us US Marines but he actually servied in the British Royal Marines which if memory serves me well was the model used for our Marines in 1775. But what Buddy said sticks in my mind and I now have to ask Peter, "What the Mascot is for the British Marines"? Maybe the Cavalier King Charles is it, as they were the favored dogs of British Royalty, and as Buddy did say they are lovers and not fighters...that statement may find its way to Peter through the Naples connections and we may have our answer soon maybe but it would be good to know about these matters.

For as sweet as a dog as Buddy is he does have a way of 'stiring the pot', so to speak. But he is correct the term Semper Fidelis meaning "always faithful" sure was not invented by Marines... That term was practiced by great dogs like Buddy for hundreds of years before....But a good model for us all to immitate this day and age.

I just did some google search work and I see that the English Bull dogs the unofficial mascots of the Marine Corps were first donated the article claimed by British Royal Marines. Also Googled Mascots of British Royal Marines but came up with nothing so maybe Peter will shed some light on if they even have one or not...

The fact that the Marine Mascots are unofficial is interesting because I think every major Marine base maintains one for parades etc.

No comments: