Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Hello. My Name is Buddy

Hi, I am honored to be the first "guest columnist" on this blog to date. My name is Buddy and I am spending 4 days with "farmer jack" a.k.a., Happy Hoosier...My owner is on vacation with her brother an sister in law and since he offered to keep me I took him up on it and am enjoying being a "farm dog". I kind of like it here cause he lets me sleep on his bed and lick his face sometimes. For a dog that ain't too bad especially with almost a stranger that I only met a month ago. As you can see by my picture to the right I am one cute little puppy you might say although I am about 5 years old, maybe 6, time fly's when your having fun. I took him for a walk around the pond early this morning, he was telling something about when he built the pond, yeal right. Then this afternoon we deliverd something to Suzette for tomorrow's garage sale, and I met a new friend Sophie Post. She is going to be a vet someday...She loves animals and who knows maybe some day she will be one and she will be good with cute dogs and cats like me...Met some alpaca's today also, I hope she don't have to work on them as they look like they could maybe bite ya before you even know it...

OH, by the way I am kind of a special breed called "Cavalier, King Charles"..I included a web site here where you can read about my breed..We don't bark much, and were not into this hyper stuff either, we shed just a tad but we make it worth your while with the affection we have for people. When left alone for a bit, we like to tell you about it with a kind of dog chat and then after we unwind we go lay down and relax till bed time. Happy Hoosier says that my shortened slooping cute nose kind of reminds him of a favorite car he likes called a "mini cooper"....at least the side view he said.

I may get to ride in a tractor later this week possibly as we looked at a field today to see how the soil was drying out...We pulled back clumps of corn stalks and although most of the surface is drying nicely we did notice that under those piles of debris, which are numerous, that we could make a mud ball out of the top inch of soil. Jack said that is not good, as when the planter passes through those areas that the slot sometimes does not close and give good seed to soil contact for germinating the soybeans. I suggested that maybe another day or two of wind and sunshine that these could become a very small percentage of the total acreage we were looking at...He agreed and said that "maybe" I would get a tractor ride for a few hours if that happens. That should be fun to do that, as I love riding in cars and trucks so farm tractors could be just another notch in my belt called life. But I noticed on tonights weather that a rain is passing through tomorrow. So that may be the end of my tractor ride for this time out.

Well it looks like we are thinking about calling it a day and going to bed now. We mulched flower beds today, they look great and Happy Hoosier has a "sniff test" appointment in the morning and then poll worker training in the afternoon but I will have my pottie breaks inbetween, and plenty of time to romp an stomp around this lawn.

OH, lots of rabbits around here, but just never have gotten into chasin those things. Rabbits run fast and jump in the air sometimes. Anyway what would I do if I caught one? Eat it maybe? I don't think so..

Thanks for stopping by to meet me, don't be giving me any rave reveiws now on this site, as he quizzed me quite a bit about any previous writing skills before he ever agreed to letting me "maiden voyage" on his blog. Also one other thing, I see the words "semper fi" used quite a lot on this blog. Well let me tell ya, we doggies invented semper fi, long before there were any U.S. Marines.....probably exactly why they chose a dog as their mascot....The Bulldog was a good choice as we Cavaliers, well were lovers not fighters.

Semper Fi,
Buddy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cavalier_King_Charles_Spaniel

No comments: