Friday, December 31, 2010

My Affair with Starbucks (277)

It has been ongoing now for maybe 5 years. I just love the stuff and always buy it on sale at my local grocery store. Usually grind my own Starbucks beans and then brew up my passion each and every morning.

But for a very special treat the last year or so I see on the Starbucks bag that I could take it into one of those really cool Starbucks outlets and get a free "tall one", for just taking the bag in. So about a year ago I started putting those bags into my storage area in the door of my Silverado, just in case I get the impulse to pay a visit to a Starbucks real honest to goodness store....

I always buy something when I get my free coffee so as not to appear to be a cheapo-spoungebob when I cash in my empty bag. Today I had an outrageous Oatmeal cookie with my tall Pike's Roast coffee. It cost me $1.61, but I figured it a small price to pay to be able to be in the company of such upscale people as those that habitat Starbucks. Even the help in the store appear so totally "chic", meaning stylish or very smart of course.

I usually don't go in there unless I have on some decent clothes, never in my old work duds or when my hair is not lying down properly. I notice the cars in the lot are usually upscale Honda's or Toyota's maybe a Mercedes or Saab now and then. But usually the only Chevy truck out there is mine... So I like just kind of hanging out there and watching the families get out of those cars and stroll into the place and hear what they order. The families are always just the right size too like a boy and girl or two of one and one of the other...never a car load like you see at McDonalds or Burger Bob's....

They order really cool stuff like Caramel Brulee's, which by the way come in Tall, Grande or Venti, or maybe a Caffe Laite or Caffe Mocha. Someday I may just throw caution to the wind and order one of those. Maybe when sweet pea is with me and I am not carrying an empty coffee bean bag. Maybe I will try a Caffe Americano, that surely would be good and maybe go for a Cranberry Bliss bar that I have admired now and then in the show case. And for Susan maybe I will suggest a Vivanno Smoothie or a Caramel Machiato, yes I bet she would like either of those.

And maybe I will take my laptop in with us and a newspaper and mold into the crowd that is doing those things also while enjoying the special treats that only Starbucks can provide. I do like to watch some of them on the computers as they probably are making huge stock trades of IBM,DELL or maybe even Starbucks in their E-Trade accounts. Netting them huge profits to maybe even take a few Cranberry Bliss bars with them for the road as they load their little families back into the car and head on out to wonderful places they are no doubt in route too....

Well back to the real world of Jack working on a nice ladies kitchen floor and wishing you all a very Happy New Year tonight...Drive careful and if you get "overserved", maybe stop by a Starbucks...tellem Jack sent ya...

No comments: