Thursday, January 6, 2011

Me and Smitty (278)



Well as we all know, Smith is the maybe most common used or better put there are more Smiths than there are other last names. I guess Smith and Jones maybe last I heard were neck and neck but for now I go with Smith's. Sooner or later there is gonna be a Smith in your life maybe as you get older and grandchildren get married and start to have children. It's surely happened to me and there he is in the picture to the left here with his one year birthday cake. Sunday was the event in Greenfield Indiana. Grant Michael Smith in picture to the left with his cake..The kid hit the jackpot, lots of people showed up, more grandparents and great grandparents than one can imagine. And gifts wow he had them, but he took it all in stride, unwrapping with mom's help each and every one. Looking at them, smiling and then playing with them a bit, as if to say "thank you". He did good and I am sure this week back in Georgia he is enjoying all those balls, workbench, animal pillows and I have forgotten most of them, but I know he is having fun.

Now to the right here is another probably one year old kid taken maybe 69 years and 24 months ago. You know he does look a little like.....ha, I think he probably looks a little like his Mom and Dad mostly and then a little like his grandparents and then well sure a little like his great grandparents. Which I would be one of eight handing him genes down through the linage. So 1/8th may have come from me, not much so I am just comfortable that most babies just look kind of like babies maybe.

His mom, Mandy sure is proud of him and she should be..As is his grandma Sherry Stair. He is a dandy kid for sure and will some day grow to be a fine young man like his Dad. By the way his dad is deployed with the Navy in Spain but he was at the party in Greenfield via the internet with a computer picture that we could see him and he could see and talk to us. That was great he was able to watch his son Grant unwrap each gift and throw balls and look at a picture and say "duck"...he has duck down real good let me tell you. Eric is a naval officer and does some type of secret surveilance work from high speed aircraft. I don't ask too many questions, don't want to be on the list of, "sorry you know too much we may have to kill you". But I have heard mention of flying at mach 3 and mach 5, where they are going that fast and what they are doing I don't think we need to know. But anyway grateful for his service and admire his opportunity to serve the nation in such a way. Semper Fi to Eric Smith in Spain.... Happy Birthday to Grant Smith enjoy your gifts and your genes.......

2 comments:

Lucas said...

There are definitely some similarities in those pictures. The nose and ears are pretty spot-on.

I'm hoping he'll get a lot of practice with the workbench, because my deck ought to be getting rickety right around time for Grant to help me rebuild it! ha

Anonymous said...

Good plan Lucas, he will get a lot of fun out of pounding away on that thing...never had one but my dad would get an old board and give me a hammer and some old nails and let me try and drive them all day long...it was fun till I hit my finger...ha