Saturday, December 4, 2010

Hey I think I am done.....(272)



For the most part, I think my home is finally complete of the remodel job that was started almost two years ago..at least the planning phase of it and then the work actually in the spring of 2009. Yep, the fireplace mantel got installed a couple nights back. It took my son in law Jeff and his son in law Ryan and myself in the middle to lift it to its permanent, (I hope) spot on the fireplace. It was really heavy, I'd guess way over 200 pounds for sure. Jeff and I thought we could handle it, and carried it from the barn to the house. But then the height of it's resting spot was just more than we could muster so we had to bring in the young and strong to help us out. It has now been bolted down into the brick so that it poses no major threat of falling and injuring someone, maybe me....And then to the left here with the help of sweet pea's touch, we have the finished product. Stockings for Susan and I and Buddy who is looking forward to lots of treats in his stocking. Hobby Lobby just has lots of good stuff that made the mantel finally in place and complete....

The remodel job with removing walls, doorways, a window, enclosing the back porch, where the fireplace is now located took lots of time and effort...Some of it mine, some Susan's and mostly Randy Denham and company. Some hardwood floors by Randy, and the ceramic floors by me, painting my sweet pea and me, kitchen redo with granite tops, its been a long project but a fulfilling and satisfying one..Susan adding ideas and efforts along the way that has made a house a home...It has been fun, but glad to report this day that it is finally done...

No comments: