Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The Tree is down and New Years comin...(276)

Sweet Pea and me took down her tree last night. It is lying in the back yard waiting on its next phase which will probably be cremation. My tree is still up but it will probably come down in a day or so. I had a real good Christmas as per usual, got lots of nice things from my kids and Susan. Lots of nice clothes, a new printer, office chair, starbucks coffee and bean grinder, lots of gift cards to my favorite restaurants and a magnificent kiss under the misletoe. Add all that up and it was yes another very successful Christmas. I did do some equal giving though which is really the best part of it all, not wanting you to think I forgot that..Did my usual for the kids and grandkids. Got SP a "going steady" ring for her right finger with chocolate diamonds in it. Some white and yellow gold ear rings, luggage for our in style traveling we may do someday, and some surprises...everyone gets some surprises, they sometimes get re-gifted but sometimes they are very useful too...And did my giving to my favorite missionarys and churches with funds that I applied with grain during harvest to my Jacks Giving Fund....That works so slick and increases my amount of giving by avoiding taxes on that amount of money. I will put a link to that site here if you are interested in doing something similar by clicking on the title above of this post.

But next year we hope to have a change up maybe and instead of all this gifting each other maybe take a trip somewhere...that might be fun, but who knows by the time it rolls around again we may just do the same stuff we all do each year.

Well New Years will soon be here. Wow 2010 sure was quick it seems to me like just last month or so it all happened. I swear time does speed up as we age and that means the finish line is ahead out there somewhere. Well I remember my mom always telling me to put on clean underwear every day cause you never know when you may have to go to the hospital she would say. And so that fear of getting caught with dirty underwear stays with us and even gets more important as our odds rise of it happening as each year passes now so quickly.

I want to wish you all the Happiest of New Years coming up this friday evening. I guess we are headed to Chalmers for a party with some old friends. Maybe its Brookston, its one of the two, they are like Dayton and Mulberry just a few corn fields between leaving one and getting to the other. Anyway it will be fun and I guess if 2011 has to get here well bring it on, let get it started...sure it will have it good times and some trials along the way but it will all be life as we find it each day...Well I have a tile floor to lay today at a nice lady's house so I better get crackin....Happy New Year...

No comments: