Friday, July 24, 2009

The Red Neck Moon Roof and Picking and Eating Blackberries (169)

Not nearly as exciting as last years "sex in the corn field" topics, I know, but got to give at least a few words to this years wonderful black berries that are but 100 yards from my back door.. S. P. and I found them about a week ago in the middle of a native grass area. They just pop up wild from birds flying over and dropping the seeds already coated with fertilizer so how could they fail. Well that probably happened 5 years ago and since then they have spread out by the root systems to a patch about 100 feet in diameter....They are loaded and they are delicious. Last week we made a pie and a cobbler..the pie was far the best so will be promoting another one of those this weekend maybe...I found a recipe on google for Grandma's super blackberry pie and well it's just gotta happen....Lots of them out there if your close by, bring your bowl and fill it up....

I bounced out of bed this a.m. and said to myself, "self you should pick just a few berries for your bite size bowl of shredded wheat cereal"....I soon was on my way out the door getting my feet a bit wet in the morning heavy dew, but gosh they looked so good I filled the bowl instead, but luck had it I had another bowl for the cereal and plucked a few off the top and into that bowl...it was good but probably not as good as Grandma's Blackberry pie is gonna be....

Working on my Michael Jackson Red Neck Moon Roof today should finish it up except for the top that will keep out the rain over the porch swing....It's gonna get just a tad bit more red necky as I found out yesterday that the plexiglass I had planned to cover it with is about 900 bucks...I was thinking maybe 250 not knowing how much the stuff cost....So I have pretty much decided on a product called Tuftex Polycarb, I found on google, that is a corrigated clear, smoke or white, but definately not the classyness of the plexiglass I had planned....But maybe no one will notice and if they do they probably will just roll their eyes and not say much....have a great day...

No comments: