Thursday, July 16, 2009

"Guns an Roses",.....(168)

Well maybe not how about a Canon and Sweet Peas????

Today I visited Fort Pickens here on Pensacola Island or whatever its called...Nice old fort always fun to visit these efforts and walk where our hero's have walked...Big guns provided protection for our coast lines back a hundred years or more....big guns... This big canon was capable of hurling a 300 pound piece of steel about 12 miles out to sea...Must of made one heck of a boom....its on a round rail that allowed it to be turned 360 degrees...I like this kind of stuff of course...I am into protecting our country and way of life that we enjoy...But then we add sweet pea to the mix...

She said I'd be walking home if I posted any of these shots but I will take my chances after all it is "my truck" we arrived and will be departing in....I think I am safe...

Anyway could not find a full sand dollar today but did find about 50 cents worth of one. As you can see to the right...first me with a big gun then a sand dollar well about 50 cents worth and then through the hole lies a sweet pea...

We be headed home tomorrow enough of this it back to work time...

No comments: