Sunday, February 14, 2010

Neat Church/ Randy Kington and good ole Fishin (211)

You know what is neat about this ole blog?  It's neat cause I can write about anything I want to...And today, I will write about something similar to what I wrote about a year ago...my buddy, a well decorated Viet Nam Vet Randy Kington...author of the best war story book on Nam I have ever read "What a Life"....
And I will write about a church that also impresses me, The Celebration Community Beach Church of Naples Florida and I will also finish by writing a little about what else empresses me down here, Fishin.....

Ok, lets get on with it all....Today Randy was invited to give the sermon or "his story which is a sermon" for the, he said 6th year in a row here at this church...And Randy always tells basically the same story but always in a different way, which I guess is why I keep going to hear him...I guess I just want to see how many ways he can tell this story...His story is basically a story about a horrific battle in Nam in which he recieved a severe life changing wound to the spinal cord with a bullet from a very brave Viet Nam soldier's rifle...And how that moment then affected the rest of this man's life....actually it all turns out OK because he met a great women who then became his wife in a VA hospital and the two of them with his darling wife's leading the way turned life's biggest lemon into lemonade.....if you know of anybody who is down and out because of a bad turn of events you should buy Randy's book and give it to them...it is a great beacon of hope.....

As per usual today Randy did a great job and Randy invited me to go to breakfast with them and some of his other friends after the service...Met a guy who actually fought on Iwo Jima at that breakfast today...sat right beside him.... he is 92 and looks like 80....plays golf and tennis, a very nice, very funny gentlemen....he tells me that he also was invited to and attended the dedication of the Marine Museum back in 2006 that my wife and I attended, and he also shares my position that the two of us have contributed enough money to that museum and are now waiting on some other good Marines to pitch in and finish the job....I was glad to hear him say that as I did not want to be the only one feeling that way...but like many good causes once they get your name man they just don't want to let up...I have given good sums about four different times the last of which was in August last year while at the Museum...I know there are lots of good Marines out there who have not even been asked so General Ron Christmas that is who you need to contact, the rest of them...

The Celebration Beach Church needs a plug here also there motto is "go to church, get a tan and change your life......it is a large church and has no building..they meet in city parks like the one today in downtown Naples...Next week there is an art fair there so they move to another park even closer to me, and if she will go I plan to take a guest there, sweet pea is coming down and I want her to experience this church, where we will meet on a beach and there will be hundreds of people there and the money they raise then goes to the poor and underpriviledged of Naples, Haiti or anyplace out that needs help...no building to maintain what a novel idea....

The fishin, my favorite topic while here in Florida, went twice last week with a good friend Ernie Maier who live here in the park also and owns a little pontoon boat...but we found a honey hole, and jerked 9 really nice Sheep head out of that hole in two trips into the backwater...They look like Convicts these Sheep head but that is just the way God made them...with stipes...actually come to think of it convicts, of old wore suits with stipes running horizonal on them...Sheep head God made with Vertical stripes...They are gorgeous fish and they are delicious to eat....I ate both sides of a 16 inch Sheephead last night...he can be seen to the right here posing with me....Its a shame it has to be that way but, I bet if he has been a 16 foot Sheep head and given half a change he would have eatin me instead, if I had fallen out of the boat....

The weather is horrible these days, even in SW Florida it has been of late 15 degrees below normal...Al Gore, the Drum Major of the Global Warming Craze and winner of the NO Bell peice prize for his efforts, could have not been further from the truth....This is a really cold winter and if anything is going on we may be getting colder as we go not warmer....The whole thing is a "joke"....to think that we have had anything to do with it and an even bigger joke is to believe we could do anything about it....Government is oversized, over extended and overdosed on addictive ideas that they can fix anything and everything, even problems that do not exist....

No comments: