Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Today 31 Years ago...........(202)

It was a day just like today..Snow everywhere, Purdue Agriculture Alumni held their annual Alumni fish Fry at the Purdue Armory...Very funny things happened at that event each year, why one year maybe that year that I can not remember, but those rascal ag alumni shot Purdue President Hanson threw a circus canon and he went throw a target bullseye at the south end of the Armory....Its true I saw it happen.....they do crazy stuff at Purdue..

But after that my brother Bob dropped me off at the Purdue Airport for an afternoon flight to Chicago, time was 2:45 PM. Destination was Sunny El Salvadore for 5 wonderful days of 90 degree temps, I couldn't wait.....I checked in had a few minutes to wait, and a good looking young lady was checking in also.

Well for the details of that you need to go back in my archives here and read my story dated Feb 12th, 13th, 14th and 15th, 2008, I won't repeat all that here, but it was titled Making it Rain and inside that is the story I wrote in the third person titled "Love was in the Air", of my meeting this lady at Purdue, but today is the 30th anniversary or will be a 2:45, of my marriage to Linda (Vanmeter) Randolph and a very good day for this divorced at the time father of five........

It was a marriage like most, up and down and sideways at times even topsie-turvey but through it all we never fell out of love....and I guess that is why on days like this I miss her and wish it had not happened the way it ended....She was suddenly diagnosed with lung cancer that had already moved into her liver and it really was incurable. She lasted 16 months of treatments that did not help very much. She passed on another 12th day of the month in April, 2007.....

But the best light I can put on it all is this, Linda was a Christian, I won't try and say to what degree or magnitude, cause I don't know, God only knows, but a good one, I do know she was a true believer and found comfort even in those last days of where she was headed. And I just like to think that "Business picked up in Heaven", and God needed a really good greeter. He needed to open a new check in lane maybe..And with that smile and looks and disposition, well I guess he knew for sure what he was doing and set it all in motion to happen...Only thing is I wish he had not a lot of days especially days like this.....Holidays, Birthdays and Anniversaries are remembered all to well after they can not be celebrated anymore. Life does go on though, and will starting tomorrow...but today at 2:45, I will try and remember the best of times......

If you care to read my story "Love was in the air" type the key word "Jane" into the search box in the upper left corn of this blog page..they will pop up three of he four chapters...You need to scan down to the bottom and read chapter one first then the second but for some reason chapter three is left out..for that you need to go back to the search box and type in Salvadorian Gringo Harvest,  and it will then pop up...

No comments: