Saturday, January 2, 2010

GRANT MICHAEL SMITH (200)

Well the years have somehow wandered by and I was informed today actually 10 minutes ago that I am now a Great Grandfather....Seems like yesterday I was a grandfather and before that maybe last week I was a dad...Well maybe a little longer ago than that, but time does move on...

Anyway a great grandson was born about an hour ago in Georgia on a Naval Base there. His father is Ensign Eric Smith and his mother is my grand daughter Mandy...And the new guy is Grant Michael Smith....I am for now anyway calling him Seaman Smith...He has a navy uniform, I know that as I got it for him as a shower gift last summer...Its a little big for him just yet but he will grow into it and wear it proudly I am sure...Especially when he sees his dad wear one and figures it all out....So WELCOME ABOARD SEAMAN GRANT SMITH......Maybe some day he will want to be a real Sailor or who knows he may want to join that other department of the Navy, the Marine Corps..Or he may just grow up and be a great solid citizen, who loves his nation and votes each election to try and keep it that way, we will just wait and see.....Will post a picture to the right as soon as one arrives......Ok got the picture up, hey he is one fine looking guy that is for sure, can't wait to see and hold him.....Great job and congrats to Mandy and Eric.....

Great Grandpa Lahrman

No comments: