Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving to All (192)

Tomorrow is the best Holiday of the Year, Thanksgiving and this farmer/blogger is going to just enjoy the day. I am going to just be thankful for all I have. Thankful for the lessons learned in my life. Thankful for the friends I have met along the way. And the good family I have still. The lady friend that I met just over two years ago now, and enjoy a caring loving relationship with. Thankful for my children, a great son who is a better dad than I ever was, four wonderful, loving daughters who are great homemakers and socker moms with lipstick to boot. A great daughter in law and four great son in laws.. Thankful they all have good work and provide well for their kids and planning for retirement some day.....Thankful for good health, a warm comfy home with even a new fireplace and work yet to be done on it. Thankful for a shingle roof that does not allow water into my home. Thankful for a nice Chevy truck that now is no longer a Perdidal, but instead has two working headlights, fixed today under the good Chevy warranty. Thankful for my buddies in my Promise Keepers Bible Study....Thankful for grass to mow in the summertime and thankful that now it has taken a break from growing till spring...Thankful for a snow blower that may be needed this winter. Thankful for 19 grandkids of all ages...Thankful they all have jobs, doing well or are still in school. Thankful for the RV that sits in my barn and awaits the trip to Naples each winter. Thankful for memories of great times past, and even dreams that some nights transport me back in time to revisit those memories.

I have a lot to be thankful for but foremost for a loving God that forgives my many sins and mistakes of the past. And the assurance of salvation for an eternity given by HIS grace to all believers....We don't earn it nor deserve it, but we can claim it, that is a huge gift to surely be thankful for. With that I will close this and thank him in advance for all the good food we will all partake of tomorrow Thanksgiving Day....

Happy Thanksgiving to you all....

No comments: