Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Gov.Mike Huckabee at Purdue (193)

Sweet Pea and I went to Purdue last night to the annual Right to Life banquet....It was great and the Overtones quartet provided some great singing...even impressing the main speaker Mike Huckabee...I would not be surprised to see the boys from Rossville Indiana invited someday to be on the Huckabee TV show on Fox network.

Gov. Huckabee gave a great moving speech about the importance of the sanctity of life from the "womb to the tomb"...The man is a great American and would if this country were to do the wise thing be a great President for this nation. But I doubt that the voters will embrase this man, as the average voter today does not want a man that will be good long term for the Nation. Instead the average voter today wants a man that will be good short term for them....And that same lack of wisdom goes all the way into congress on many matters...Not what is good for the nation but what is going to get me noticed and reelected. Lets face it we are a nation of very very spoiled people.

There was a 12 year old lad who got up and gave a memorized 15 minute speech also on the sanctity of life...Good greif was this kid good..when he finished he got a long standing ovation from the maybe 8 to 900 people there. Gov Huckabee had a hard act to follow I kid you not. When he first was introduced he stated that maybe we had seen a political career launched here tonight, not mine but this young lad, Collin Knolhoff. Mike Huckabee said my goodness this lad has more going for him at 12 than most serving in congress right now...He was totally amazing, I think I have and all of us not seen the last of Collin Knolhoff, mark my word. I would not be surprised to see him invited to the Huckabee show also....

My friend Connie Basham served as master of ceremonies I would say and did a great job. We would be well served with her in the Courthouse, the state house or congress...She like Gov Huckabee would do the things good for our nation long term win or lose she would take the high road.

Two of my daughters attended with spouses and some grand daughters, it was a wonderful night.......Oh yesterday was my dad's birthday...he would be 119.....gosh I miss him.

No pictures, I forgot my camera but just as well the crowd was so large I was never close to the Governor....

No comments: