Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Born Again 30 years on April Fools Day (150)

April 1 1979, 30 years ago today, I asked Jesus into my heart and to be my personal Savior. I did it in St. Lawrence Church while mass was going on but about over. Many were filing out "early" and I was an usher and witnessed this exodus of Catholics just too busy to stay for a final blessing. It bothered me that some could do that on a regular basis and not bother them. But that had nothing to do with what and why I did what I did that day. I just simply decided to follow scripture that day and do what Jesus said needs to be done and not trust my salvation to a church of any name but to follow scriptures advice and take that step, of my own doing, that according to scripture does "assure" one of eternal salvation. These scriptures had been pointed out to me at a couple protestant churches I had attended. After studying these scriptures I decided to follow the words of Jesus himself and make that commitment and gain that assurance. So I did it and yes it was April Fools day and I thought about that a few times but I know that scripture does not April Fool anyone. It was as good a day to do it as any other, it just happened to be the day I did it, and asked Jesus in to live in my heart from that day forward...

He is still there, and will be till the day I die and my spirit goes to be with the Lord for eternity. God's Spirit resides within my heart, convicts me of my sins, but blesses me and brings me joy and peace knowing what the final outcome of this thing called life will be.

In the Gospel of John chapter 3 a Jewish leader named Nicodemus discloses privately to Jesus that he knows that considering the miracles he has worked, that he is truly of GOD.
Jesus only states that, "No One will enter the kindom of heaven unless he is Born Again". The Jewish leader then said how can one be born again unless he were to enter again into his mothers womb. Jesus just states for a second time that one must be born again to enter the kingdom of heaven...Born of water and the Spirit. Saying Flesh gives birth to Flesh meaning I suppose our original being born...But then he says, "But the Spirit gives birth to Spirit". and then again says, that you must not be surprised at my saying, "you must be born again". Jesus goes on to explain how the Spirit works in guiding us once we ask him too....Nicodemus continues to question and doubt and then Jesus gives him a more complete lesson on HIS mission here.....

Its all in that Johns Gospel chapter 3 verses 1-21 for all to ponder...I pondered it for quite a spell in 1979 and on this day decided I had pondered long enough

No comments: