Monday, March 30, 2009

Not Bloggin but Tiling (149)

Gosh its been 9 days since I posted a blog..Shame on me this maybe my longest dry spell. But I have a good excuse. Been doing some remodel work on the house. Maybe my contribution to the "stimulus movement". Spending money to get this economy moving, sure hope it works, but even if it don't maybe the house will be nicer..Sweet Pea and I we been painting a couple rooms and now we have taken out a couple walls. My son in law Jeff and I changed the wiring around a bit too, Ya tear out a wall with a bunch of outlets and switches and guess what they have to go someplace. Now another son in law JR well he and his crew came today and fixed the dry wall on all those ceilings where those walls were..Gosh they are good, you can not tell a wall was ever there. But the last two days or maybe 3 as you kind of loose track of time when having this much fun, but anyway I have been installing porcelane tile in the guest bath..Man, what a job first tearing out the old vylnel and then muding in a cement board and then mudding in the tile. It is a tedious slow process and this blogger is getting tired of it already..Maybe its because I decided to lay it on the diagonal and not straight like anyone with common sense would do anyway..Well it will be my last diagonal tile job for sure..From now on it's nice straight rows and maybe that will help. Maybe my creativity is making this a lot harder than it really should be. Especially it being my first tile job in maybe 40 years..Used to do wall tile back then but never a floor with the cementing process...I went to a training session at Home Depot on this work and it really looked rather easy...Maybe I need to go to another session there when they have one..
Till then I will drudge away and do my best and will try and keep you updated here on the old blog as to the local stimulus for Tippecanoe County Indiana.

No comments: