Sunday, April 26, 2009

Marriage of my first grandchild (155)

Yep, one down and 18 to go, yesterday in Greenfield Indiana my granddaughter Mandy, daughter of Sherry Stair, and Joe Rutherford, was married at 3 P.M. in the Lutheran Church to Ensign Eric Smith. Eric a 12 year Navy man no doubt going for a career of 20 or 30 years found himself a very attractive gal while getting a degree at Purdue University...that being non other than my granddaughter who also was in the Naval ROTC program there and still a couple years away from a commission in the Navy...But love has a way and Eric finished his schooling, they fell in love and the rest is kind of right before our eyes here...They are now Ensign and Mrs Eric Smith....They will be living in Georgia while Eric prepares for a possible deployment cruise in a few months...I believe Mandy has a job lined up as a Nanny for a couple and will be doing quite well and kept busy if Eric does get deployed....Do people have grandson in laws?...I don't know but hey I think I got one here..I like him, he seems like a straight shooter to me and sure Mandy thinks so also...He had about 9 years in as an enlisted sailor and then they offered him a chance at a 4 year college degree and a commission at Purdue. He did it in 3 years which I guess is about the norm with that program..Maybe since they are full time military when they arrive at college they go year around..not sure, just assuming, or maybe they just study real hard and "get er done", I don't know...But I wish them the very best in the world, and with Eric's experience, (notice the medals hanging), I think he will go up the ladder in whatever field he is in...I should have found out more, but it was there wedding day and I doubt that he wanted to stand around breifing his "grand dad in law", if there is such a thing...OK that's about it next up is Lilly and Ryan's wedding in August...with 5 others in the 21 to 27 age bracket I think this could become a semi annual event now for awhile in the near future...who knows...no pressure, no hurry, but biology will no doubt have its way now and then....

No comments: