Monday, April 13, 2009

Sweet Home Indiana (152)

I like this picture...Like it a lot cause it was lost but now has been found. You see my computer crashed about a year ago and we had to redue the whole thing. In doing so we were able or thought we did download all the pictures and documents from the old set up then clean it all off and put the stuff back in...But something happened, something terrifying to me as when we did only about half maybe even less than half my pictures were there...I had lost maybe 500 important to me pictures..Lots of the mate of 28 years who died 2 years ago yesterday...But as good fortune continues to follow me a few days ago in my "stuff", I found a CD disc, that said back up from May of 07...Sure enough, all my pictures were on it, and I am happy to report I have them all back...Gosh it was lots of stress thinking they were gone forever, but now they are back...And one of them which I guess was not that irreplaceable, but interesting is this shot of my home taken by a good friend from the air...So I know the song really is "Sweet Home Alabama", and not "Indiana", but who cares, its easy to substitute the word, and of course Indiana is sweeter than Alabama, of course it is...And beside I needed a blog topic today as the work on this home below on the inside is consuming more and more of my time.

But I am enjoying it and even though lots of it lie ahead yet so far it is going well and seems worth the effort...Staining a new door to the study has been kind of a bummer, but I have given it my best shot with three coats trying to come up with the desired and somewhat close to a match to the other woodwork near by...It is a long way from great but I figure when the whole picture is done there will be so much to look at that attention will be drawn away from that..Lets put it this way it's good enough for "government work", and were all kind of working for the government from here on out so what the heck...

But Sweet Home Indiana to the right here is just that...A modest home. A big barn for farm machinery and the summer spot for the "florida home" and of course nice recreation for many in the native grasses south of the pond..And the pond itself which I constructed in 1995 in the fall...It offers lots of swimming and fishing and host many species of fish and ducks and of course water lilies and other plant life...For us it is, "Sweet Home Indiana" why nothing could be finer than to be in Indiana in the Mornoring.....later

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There is something magical about spring in Indiana. I can almost smell the soil waking up!

FL Nephew