Thursday, January 15, 2009

Me and Luke in Paradise 128

Timing is important, the longer I live the more I realize that. It's below zero in Indiana and I ain't there...Grandson Lucas and I flew the coop three days ago and headed south, just ahead of the oncoming cold front. It's coming all the way to Florida though as I hear that Tallahasee will be about 17 tonight...But we are not there either we are in Naples, and currently its about 60 but would not surprise me if we don't dip into the low 40's by morning...But the good thing is in a day or two we will bounce back into the 70's and that will be good..Lucas and I spent the day shopping for batteries for the motor home..I noticed the last couple days before departure a strong gassy smell coming from the batteries as it sat in the pole barn.

I told Lucas about it coming down and he said "Grandpa that is not good". And I told him they were also beginning to buldge out on the sides and he said "that ain't goood either Grandpa, my guess is you need new battiers"....he was right and today after much internet searches and store shopping we found the best buy in town at Sam's club...By dark thirty tonight we had them changed out, or I should say Lucas did...He said that he does that kind of stuff all the time on Army tanks and such, and it all went well like he said it would....

Well its getting late, my mechanic is already snoring and grandpa is struggling for much more to say so maybe the best thing is nothing at all....Tomorrow Golf and Camera Club, maybe both maybe one or the other....Life in Southwest Florida is just kidda like that, way more things to do than time to do it...Later....

No comments: