Sunday, January 18, 2009

Me and Luke and the Admiral (129)

Yesterday Lucas and I were busy. We played 9 holes of golf here at Silver Lakes RV and Golf Resort....We both did pretty lousy...Luke hit a house and got the owner next door riled up..he told us to "club down"...after asking what club we used..But over all we did OK and had fun..I lost my sand wedge on hole 5 and never found it..Hope someone turned it in need to go check tomorrow for sure...then after that we headed for the Marco Island beaches...We took this picture of a sea gull that I called the "admiral"....He was a confident proud guy...liked having his picture taken but I think he was expecting a hand out as he then raised his head and let go with a few noisy calls or screams like maybe hey where the hell is my treats guy...

We walked at least two miles in the sand looking for valuable shells or sets out of large diamond rings...found neither but still got good sunshine and good exercise...Then today we went to the church of what's happening now on the Isle of Capri...Then we rode our bike's like the wind for a half hour and then went and worked out in the weight room for a bit before a swim in the pool....after that a relaxing rest on the lounge chairs soaking up the warm sun...unreal how warm it is just 1100 mile south of the freezer that we call Indiana....

Ran into lots of old friends around the park and other spots around Marco and Naples...One was Joe Chard the owner of Exit Realty...He said hey Jack I sure like your beard...I looked up and Joe had my beard exactly...but he claimed to my grandson that I had his beard and was "copying him again".....Another was Doc Jack and his lovely wife Mary, they are wonderful folk for sure, even being from the east coast...I told my grandson that I probably have almost as many good friends here in Florida as I do in Indiana...Only here three months and Indiana for nine but down here it is just different...Up there everyone is working and busy as hell...Down here we are on vacation and reaching out to others for friendship I think...so I think the short time here is friendship weighted and the net result is that I probably do have more great freinds here than at home....maybe not, maybe I am just so dam glad to be out of the freezer that it just seems that way...Anyway freinds are great people to know and either place a huge asset to ones life....howdy to all my good friends and family here and the freezer....semper fi.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're having such a great time down there- even though I'm one of the losers stuck back in Indiana. Even with the cold (which I HATE to be out in) yesterday when we were leaving to go somewhere it was SOOOOO beautiful. The sun was shining on the snow and it was just such a pretty sight. I even said to the girls that I love Indiana. Not that I wouldn't enjoy a break to a sunny spot though!
Have fun and see you back home again in Indiana soon, Jack!
Mary Summers