Saturday, May 17, 2008

Mono Man nearly busted watching beans grow...

This Mono is interesting. I spent some of the afternoon lying in the sun soaking up D and drinking orange juice and some milk. Tonight I thought after my bath I'd check and see if that corn is up yet and some of it was but not much probably in a couple more days you will be able to see all the shoots out of the ground on that ugly farming scene.

But on my way back I nosed my car into a soybean field and rolled down the window and looked at some baby soybeans coming up in the field across from the house we used to live in. Actually I was wondering if they are 10 or 12 or 14 dollar soy beans, and it is just hard to tell when they are such babies yet, and have just come out of the ground and not knowing what the growing season will be like here in Indiana. .I was not there long and a Sheriff car pulled in behind me as I was probably looking "suspecious"...Sure enough he looked at Mono Man and felt sure he had a "problem man" on his hands..He said, "how you doing sir"? and I replied ok, I am just setting here looking at these soy beans coming up..."oh he said glancing out where I was looking and probably not seeing what I was seeing. He said you got a license on you, I said yes, and he said I'd like to just check this out OK... I said sure why not..He got behind the car and called in the plate number and stuff.

He came back up to the window and said where you coming from? I said well I was over on Peshewa drive looking at corn coming up and on my way home and decided to see what is happening in this field also...He said, "have you been drinking quite a bit today Mr. Lahrman? And I said, "well, yeal matter of fact I have been...I been drinking a lot of orange juice and milk"...He said, "really", and I said, "yeal I got full blown mono, and I have to drink a lot".. He backed up a couple paces and said I never heard of anyone your age getting mono, I said "yeal that's what my doctor said also"....It makes me appear to be a little bit squirrley and out of it... He said yeal it does... I said yep, that's mono ok....He said can you make it home ok Mr. Lahrman?... I said oh yeal I just live a mile away and soon a I get home I am going to have some more to drink and then go to bed....He said well OK then take it easy and I said I will, I appreciate your doing your job... he said thank you sir...

And Mono man made it home and is downing yet another large orange drink and thinking about turning in and maybe not taking pictures of baby beans and corn until I get my color and normalcy back in place...Gosh if I were in a line up they'd be busting me for everything that has happend the last few days....I'll stay in bed all night and hope not to attract too much attention at church in the morning....

Good night all.....

No comments: