Friday, May 9, 2008

Advice from way "out of the box" to Christian ministres...

Well I said about a week ago I would do this "tomorrow"...I guess its is like the spanish version sometimes Monyana hardly ever comes...But today it has because I need to do the promised so tomorrow I can begin anew with a new designer disease that I have discoverd for semi retired as I...

But first lets run this patch threw the bore and see how it may go...

I realize I am way underqualified to even offer ideas but I do want to throw it out along with ideas that I have heard expressed by other good Chritians that support ministries around the world. The others that have shared with me lend some credablity to my thoughts.

A man I respect very much said recently about giving to the ADF in honor of Linda, "you know I enjoy this gift and especially the good work they do, but what I will not enjoy is getting a report and request for more funds about every month or even two weeks in the future."

I know it is a real challenge to the men and women who work for these ministries to try and win the hearts of those who give and support the cause. But he is right it affects me at times in similar ways. It is often too much I know they want to share their achievements and need for more funds but it takes some getting used to. Especiall on days that maybe three arrive from different good ministries all the same day. And in an overload short circut all three go into the trash can unopened.

Sorry but that does happen especially if all three of them maybe have written to you two or three weeks prior....It bothers me less I think to both recieve them and throw them away until I feel in my heart it is time to give to this ministry again. But I think of what this must cost of in funds that could just be for ministry and not fund raising...I think my good friends additional remark was and "then they maybe spend half of what I have given them wanting more funds"...I understand I have had the same feelings...I have arrived at kind of a blind love for the ministry in just overlooking it and saying hey it must work for some people so let it go and read he reports and then not feel bad about not giving on the request until such time God moves me to do so not because some guy wants to match my funds...Let him give all he wants and I will also give what God lies on my heart...

So that is my crude words of sort, no hurt intended, but they finally got said and now we will run a nice lightly oiled patch threw the bore and be ready for another story tomorrow....

No comments: