Thursday, October 30, 2008

Dermatology and Baby Owen

Well you know the two go hand in hand...No one has better skin than a new baby and since I sometimes like two subjects at once here goes...

First and foremost as shown in pics to the right my sweet pea has now 5 grandsons all under the age of 6...A basketball team maybe and all five are real good looking guys....Baby Owen is no exception as you see in the picture...He is a looker for sure.....For grandma it was love at first sight on this guy, I could tell...and he took a couple peeks at her and I think maybe he felt the same way. He's about a week old now and should be home doing fine and am sure the two will meet again soon..

Dermatology is on my mind because today was my semi annual visit to see Dr. Robert W. Martin III, MD.....he is my dermatologist and he has burned, cut, and scraped me from all angles and still can not find any cancer...good for him but he got that can of nitrogen after me again today on two or three spots, but for the most part he said I was looking good and don't come back now for another year...

I told him about the chicken fat now present in my left knee and about the new lie soap shampoo I have been using from the Brookston popcorn festival...he said it all sounded good, shook my hand and said I was good to go for another year....

But at this time I do wish to share with you all the Rules of Three for the skin that my doc says we need to do...

Bathe in shower or tub three times a week for 3 to 5 minutes, no more....
and not to hot of water..within 3 minutes of finishing pat yourself dry, leaving beads of moisture and then apply lotion....

and then the one no one would ever do but he says to apply lotion then 3 additional times each day.....yeal right....



Tomorrow its Dr. James Watson's turn to look me over...he is my GP and will be looking at my colesterol score as well as other things...sure he will be more interested in my chicken fat report and the cancer study cancellation that has just taken place with my oncology study for preventing prostate cancer...started that about maybe 8 years ago or so, and was either on placebo's or vitamin E or Selineum or both or nothing, one of those blind studies that no one seems to know what is going on...But anyway NOW they discover that none of the stuff is helping to prevent prostate cancer, but that the stuff can cause diabetes and some other terrible thing...So I hope to find out what I was on, the placebo's or the supplements....and hope diabetes is not just ahead for me because of it....I hope the southwest oncology study group will level with me and share the info....

Harvest is done..Got done Tuesday...Corn yeilds were indeed the best of my lifetime...corn average yeild for all my 75 acres was about 185 bushels per acre...way up there for my type of "average" land.....but it was what I had hoped for and kind of expected knowing the growing season that we had this summer...never seen one so perfect and probably will not again...But should the GOOD LORD wish to bless us again, well I will thank him again, and give him the honor and the praise for it....He does control it all...

Sweet Pea and I cast our votes for the Maverics McCain and Palin last Saturday night in early voting....We hope many of you will do the same...Remember the dates now Republicans vote on Nov. 4th and Democrats then on November 5th....ha

I pray God's hand will continue to be on America.....

You may notice that October only had 6 blog post...busy month here for farmers...
Promise to get back to writing more in months ahead.....

No comments: