Monday, October 27, 2008

Brown County Indiana

Nashville Indiana located in Brown County famous for fall foliage and fine wine...Sweet Pea and I found them both yesterday right after a lovely dinner at the Stair Home in Greenfield Indiana, right after a great church service at St. James Lutheran Church in that nice little town...My little Granddaughter Allison recieved her first communion and we all got to share in that with her...I was designated to be last and it was suggested that I should consume all the wine that is left in the challace that Allison had made for the event....Well I smiled and said "yes I would be happy to"....well Allison, her parents, and Todd's parents and sweet pea did not leave me a lot to consume, so it left me ripe for what followed when we arrived in Brown County later in the afternoon....We checked out a lot of artistic shops that are all over Nashville and did purchase a small picture saying "wine a little and you will feel better", and then came upon the Brown County Winery there...Gosh the wines they have were good, very good especially the 20 percent one called 'old barrel port'....oh my, I have acquired a pallet for fine wines, which ends up costing one a little more money in the long run, but, once acquired must be nurtured as life goes on...But this wine is one of the tastiest, smoothest wines I have experienced, so as we selected wines to fill a case that was such a savings over single bottle purchases, sweet pea reminded me, I found my self time and time again asking the host to "hit my tasting glass again with that old port", I referred to it as, and she knew which one I meant...after a couple taste I found myself saying time and time again, "put another bottle of that one in the case would you please?" Well that happened about four times I think I counted and finally my consultant suggested we needed to move on and get back to Lafayette and she would be doing the driving to the Halloween party at the Post House....That was fun also, no wine but great chilli, two kinds cooked over an open fire all day by the master chilli dude JR Russell.....Yes indeed he is not only a wizard at dry wall but my pallet also knows he does fine chilli...Susan's dog buddy went along to the party and shared in some of the good foods offered him or "found" in the grass that some folks had dropped....he had quite a time playing with Sandy a blonde dog somewhat larger than he but who cares...Anyway come time to leave he stopped in the lawn on our way to the car and hid behind a bush...He was just not ready to call it a night yet....We finally musceled him into the truck and got him out of there...He is such a party animal...

Have a great day all over this land...corn to harvest yet so must be on my way....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One of the most romantic spots in Indiana is found in Brown County, Indiana, near what is known as "Little Nashville". This spot offers couples the scenic beauty of the Little Smoky Mountains, as well as being close to the Brown County State Park, which is one of Indianas most visited state facilities.