Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Corn in the Ground....(297)

May 11, 2011
The corn is in the ground as of about an hour ago....90 acres is all I do and I am glad that it is done...according to Purdue the yield should be "normal" getting it done by May 10...that is close enough for me ....

It went in a little on the "wet" side but what is one to do with the weather man calling for more rain in the forecast....I think it will be OK, I hope so for sure...

Now onto spraying the ground to plant soybeans in the morning and then wait for that ground to get 'right for planting'....maybe tomorrow maybe next week we will see...

Spraying consist of round up and other chemicals to keep weeds out of the beans all year long...including trees even that seem to like to pop up on "no till" ground from time to time...Cottinwood is the tree that I see a lot on a ground that was not farmed last year...about two acres where a house was going to be built and then was not...

Ok got to run hamburgers on the grill tonight and a nice manhatten to celebrate.....

No comments: