Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Pittsburgh's Rick and Linda (263)


Old friends are the best kind and that is what we have here...Met these folks in Hawaii in 1980 so we have 30 years under our belts....We are still friends and when ever I pass through the Burg of Pitts I try and see what they are up too...On our recent trip to DC for the Marine reunion we had the chance to meet at Cracker Barrel on I 70 near Washington Pennsylvania on our way back to Indiana....close to Pittsburgh a place we usually meet up when we have these opportunities.

My wife Linda and I were on our Honeymoon when we met them. They like us had booked into a two week tour of the islands, but can not remember the name of the tour, its on the tip of my fingers here but not popping up just yet...Carlton maybe that was it, Carlton Tours maybe....anyway both of us were the youngest on the tour...all the rest had white hair like we almost do now, but we were in the younger years and so we kind of gravitated to spending time together on this two week tour of I think four of the islands maybe....

Anyway we stayed in touch and began to visit back and forth when time and circumstance presented itself. I remember once while in Pittsburgh helping Rick who had a repo business at the time repossess two semi tractors....it was somewhat scairy as the drivers had hid them behind a flea bag motel and knowing these guys carry guns sometimes it was a little scairy to be opening these trucks up and getting them while these guys slept in the motel...not something I would want to do on a regular basis...And then on one of their visits to Indiana, I enlisted Rick into the farming trade...Had him working ground for me ahead of my corn planter...lots of dust, you should have seen him...Both Linda's could not believe I got Rick to do this...I can not believe I got Rick to do it either, but he did...I remember I later sent him a "citation", declaring him a "farmer extrodinaire" with a bunch of fancy words to accompany such non sense....sure he kept it for a few hours at least...actually have never seen it hanging in his office so I think it may have not had the affect I had inteneded....
Rick was very good at the repo business...I remember many a time maybe on our way to eat at a restaurant in the evening maybe and Rick would suddenly do a U turn in the street no matter where we were and follow a car he had recognized...a couple times it was a car he wanted and he would follow and find out where it was being "hid" at night... the next night he probably had it...
He had other businesses now and doing well I believe...
Anyway this trip I had the opportunity to introduce them to Susan as you can see in the photo...They liked her and she liked them so we will see if things continue....

OK on another subject, I am looking forward to the elections coming up next month...As Mrs. Palin said in a recent speech, "we can see November from here"....I hope an pray the people of the nation will respond to the dire need we have to get responsible good government...I look forward to voting my choices and then watching with interest that evening to see if we are serious to move our nation into a path of responsibility....Both parties have failed us miserably...now it is a time to shitcan the ones from both parties that have not taken this work seriously...and to instill good Americans who will move us in the right path...I hope we can make a major move in that direction...and away from nutsville we have had the last few years.

Great weather but we need rain....

No comments: