Sunday, February 22, 2009

Fishing..Church...and Mustgoes all in Paradise(143)

Wow, my last weekend here in Naples..Next week this time I will be "Freezer Bound"....Probably a lot of sympathy I will not get for most of my readership are already "freezer bound" and we all know misery loves company....

But forget what lies ahead let me tell you of a good week end my last in Naples Florida for this season...Work draws me home, work on my house and work on my farm after that...work that I love and with those that I love...so sympathy I really am not after, I am blessed and know it....But George and Gladys took me again into the back water and we caught fish like crazy..keeping the legals and tossing back the inch or two short of legal but all fun to catch and tonight we enjoyed eating that pile of fish you see in the grass before I cleaned them....Well almost we had some "mustgoes"* that I will eat tomorrow...I fixed the green beans wrapped in bacon along with the fish and we had a good cold slaw and some fruit...we did good, we had fun...that was yesterday and a good day it was...

Today, I attended for the second week in a row the "Celebration Community Beach Church"...A church without a church building, they don't even want a building..they meet in public parks here in Naples..Usually under the big Oak trees in the park in down town Naples but today since it was in other use they met in another county park....Thier thinking is (the Holy Bible be the church) not brick an mortor but The Word of God, be their church...I like the idea and of course here in almost perpetural sunshine and warm during winter how perfect can it be to set in a park and listen to a good preacher deliver a great message from Scripture...He talked about Peter walking on water during the storm.. and asked "What is your boat"?....
He said our fears will tell you "what is your boat"...To be of service we have to get out of our comfort or our boat, maybe telling God "hey I may be small potatoes but this bud is for you"...Ha it was a good message..They send a lot of food to Haitti to feed starving children there, I like that..Why Saturday alone while I fished 500 people of that church worked at a Naples School and packed 52,000 meals for shipment to Haitti..Hope I am spelling that right, no spell check on blogspot...the church has a blog I guess I have not been on it but will, maybe you would be curious... www.celebrationbeachchurch.com

He also noted and a good thought for today's mess and that is "Failure does not shape you", but the way you respond does....tough, but good thoughts for tough times...Well "sweet pea" will join me thursday, yippee and we will be beach bums for a day or two and then head north...We will do our best to bring an early spring back to Indiana with us...if we succeed send checks to my home address please for whatever you feel it is worth...if we don't succeed remember what the preacher said...and I hope I do not get "freezer burn"...

* note...mustgoes is a nice way of saying "left overs"...you know, "everything must go"....

No comments: