Sunday, February 15, 2009

Most of you probably already know (142)

A good teacher about ways of the computer, I am not!
But I did discover something this morning while waiting on my coffee to brew. And always willing to share what little I know here goes...

Well I discovered today how useful the little white search blog box is just above the green area at the top of this blog. Its just a white box that say's "Search Blog"...well that means just this blog so not to be confused with the multi colored seach box higher up that takes you out into the internet.

But anyway this thing is pretty cool and could be very useful in finding something I wrote in the past year in the 140 some articles I have done. I do mention from time to time about a previous topic that I may have wrote about. Maybe for instance when I had Mono real bad last spring. I wrote about it maybe 3 or 4 times. So if you just type in mono and hit the "enter" key it will pull up those articles. Or for instance I am up early today because I am going to the big outdoor church under the trees in down town Naples because the Marine Randy Kington is speaking there today. And I have offered to help his wife Patty sell Randy's book to people after the service. So if you were to wonder what this guy is all about if you were to type Randy Kington in that white box and hit enter then all those articles with his name in them will come up..or what I may have written about my preacher John Walls...Or if your a grand kid of mine and your saying well the heck with Randy Kington and John Walls, has grandpa ever written my name in this blog well you know the drill by now, type your name in that white box kiddo's and see...

So pretty exciting day huh? Jack learned something after a full year on this site and well now you know why I have always considered myself a "slow learner"...

One thing I am slowly beginning to learn is not to be afraid to click on buttons and see what the hell they do...I for one have been timid about those things..afraid I will set off some chain reaction that will wipe out my whatever and loose it all down some imagined whirly gig cyber drain somewhere...you know the kind of stuff night mares are made of...

What amazes me even more is when you do these searches and these stories come up that the google ads at the top of the page change instantly to correspond with the subject matter of that article...the wonders of the internet are endless...

So my fellow Americans, "yes we can", we can do this stuff one small step for man and one more stumble for mankind...

No comments: