Sunday, July 8, 2012

340 The Creation Museum in Kentucky

We came south for the weekend. Camping at the Indian Springs Campground near Lawrenceburg Indiana. Our destination was the "Creation Museum", just across the Ohio river bridge at Petersburg Kentucky. Arrived Friday afternoon and then drove to Lexington to visit little Ella Tutt and her folks. Had dinner with them and then came back to sleep here in the Motor Home.

Saturday we went to see the Museum. It was interesting seeing arguments for believing in Creation over the growing atheistic view of evolution. Which boils down really into suggesting that there is no GOD. Well I don't know what I expected and I guess I was hoping for some iron clad prove of creation, but it really does not happen. But at least having a museum that does present its case for creation is helpful..I went away feeling a little down I guess that I did not find that. But telling myself that, "hey, I know personally by having seen the complexities and the miracles of this world that there has to be a God that designed it all. I have no doubts but for absolute proof here, I can not give it to you..

We went back again Sunday afternoon, because we had missed some of the theaters that are available in the museum. The dome theater with narratives about the stars was very interesting. It explained the solar systems very well and I would strongly recommend attending those for sure. We also attended a movie about the Mt.St.Helens in Washington State which happened in 1980. It was also interesting in relationship to how changes in the earth can happen very quickly that appear to have taken perhaps thousands of years instead, that was interesting. All in all it was an interesting visit to the museum. We saw some water plants in the gardens area that we would love to have for the pond someday...Thinking about stopping back at the museum in a few weeks when they may have went to seed and try and pick up a few seeds. Motor Home running well and kind of getting over the memories of the nightmare trip from hell we had a couple years ago coming home from Florida.

Click on title above to take you to the website of the Creation Museum in Kentucky.

No comments: